Wednesday, April 04, 2007

staying animated

Up until last night, I was hating my Designing Media for the Web class. Flash is a beast and I was slightly overwhelmed by all of the steps I had to take just to accomplish a simple animation. Our first project was to animate some text. I chose a passage from my favorite Jeannette Winterson novel, Written on the Body. I had lofty goals, but no know-how. In the end, I wasn't very happy with the results.





However, as with all technology and software, I have found that the more you use it, the better it becomes. I'm finally starting to get the hang of it. And, it seems, the possibilities our endless.

Our final project is to design a personal web site in Flash. I've been playing around with animating my ink drawings. Here's a sneak peak. I don't have a play button in there yet, so if you want to see it again, just rigth-click (ctrl + click on a Mac) on the image and choose play.





No comments:

LinkWithin - 4 posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...