Saturday, October 11, 2008

what's up, saturday morn

I hope Au Lait doesn't hate us forever. We had to bring the cats in for their check-ups this morning. She hates the vet. It was pretty much a disaster. She lashed out at the doctor so badly he had to go disinfect his wound and put quick-stop on it to stop the bleeding. The vet couldn't do the examination and told us not to bring her in again unless she gets sick or needs a shot. And if that happens, they'll have to put her under anesthesia to do an examination. It was that bad. But he was really nice about. "Occupational hazard," he said.

Suki was a doll. She watch the whole disaster take place without blinking an eye. And when it was her turn, she sat through the entire examination without moving or making a sound—even when they stuck the thermometer up her bum. Still, I think I'm traumatized now as much as Au Lait is and I'm glad we don't have to go back for a while.

This has to be one of the most gorgeous weekends we've had in a long time. The to-do list is long, but right now, we're just sitting around, drinking coffee, watching people walk by.

Hannah's coming this week. We're hosting a baby shower for our sis. The count-down has begun. Yay!

2 comments:

Hanushka said...

I've been there, Soupy. The last time I took Mister in, they had to put a muzzle on him. That actually really seemed to help. But he has sliced open more Vets than I can count. He and Au Lait are truly of the same breed, is that my fault?

Penelope said...

I wouldn't say it's your fault. Rather, I think you're just attracted to the feisty bunch, and vice versa. You and I know their love is worth so much more--cause they don't give it away so freely as other pets do. When they love you, they really, really love you.

LinkWithin - 4 posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...