Now, two years older—and a little wiser—I'm feeling much more determined to reflect on the milestones of the past year, for they are great indeed:
- Colin got a promotion and is working his dream job at Burton; I'm working my dream job at EatingWell
- I snowboarded off a jump in the mini-park at Stowe—and landed it perfectly
- We took a trip to England; Colin met the English cousins, aunties and uncles
- Colin's sister Jill got married
- Colin and I bought our first place together, a home we absolutely adore
- My sister Hannah moved to Portland
- Au Lait lost three pounds—that's a lot for a cat
- Mama Sonia—my last living grandparent—passed away. One of the last things she said to me was, "this is part of your education." Indeed is was.
- Our parents—the Walls and the Algers—met for the first time up in Vermont; we had dinner at Trattoria Delia
- Colin and I got engaged; he proposed under a tree at the Christmas tree farm
- My sister Emma gave birth to a beautiful baby girl; I became an auntie
This year, we're celebrating New Year's in our new home. And we are ready to celebrate with gratitude and anticipation for the year ahead.