Sunday, February 06, 2011

more snow

Finally, a good snow storm in Burlington. Make that two. One on Wednesday and one last night. The storm last night happened in a matter of a couple of hours. It was absolutely dumping. Emi and I went snowshoeing out on the golf course (the snow was blowing sideways!).  Then Hannah and Richard and Isaac came over and we all had family night dinner (sans Col who was en route to Germany for work). Kev made us barbecued ribs. And Hannah and Richard made the most amazing ice cream sundaes with warm stroopwafel cookies and strawberry sauce.

During our meal, it was thundering and lightening AND snowing! By the time dinner was over, the roads were a mess, but I was determined to drive home. I dropped Isaac off at his place, made it all the way to my driveway and then proceeded to firmly stick my car into a snowbank with my car protruding out in the middle of the road. Scary! Dangerous!

But by good fortune and because I live downtown and it was Saturday night and there were tons of people walking about, going to parties, enjoying the snow, I was able to get some help within seconds. It look three groups of people banding together and a person with a shovel to dig/push me out. But finally they did it!

I couldn't get in my driveway and I couldn't park on the street cause of the parking ban, so I waved them all a thank you goodbye and, with hands still shaking from the traumatic experience, drove back to Emi and Kevin's to park my car. Hannah and Richard were still there. The three of us walked home together.

The weather got rough during our walk. By the time we got to my place, it was after midnight and we were totally covered with icy chunks of snow. I could not wait to cozy up with the kitties and go to sleep.




Next morning, I woke up super-early and Kev and I drove to the mountain for some fresh powder. The conditions were amazing. We rode and skied hard all morning. We discovered new hidden trails I've never been on before. It was great to spend some quality time with my bro-in-law.


Later in the day... I met up with my two amazing sisters for a due-date pedicure. That's right, it's Emi's due date today! But she's still as preggers as ever. Which means that we sisters can keep on bonding and hanging before bk2 comes along. Wonder when that will be...

No comments:

LinkWithin - 4 posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...