Thursday, March 22, 2007

stranger than fiction

I didn't post last night because I was in my class building a sick flash web site. When I got home around 8:30, Col had a yummy dinner of flatbread, warm and ready, and a Netflix movie: Stranger than Fiction. I was a little dubious. Col's always trying to get me to watch strange movies. They often end up making my stomach churn halfway through and spurring some kind of argument between the two of us.

But he insisted, "You'll like it, it's a comedy! And Will Farrell's in it. Your favorite!" Say no more.

And he was right. Well, not about the comedy part. Well, sort of. It's not exactly laugh out loud funny, but it was one of the best movies I've seen in a very long time and not just because I'm a writer. It's about a man (Ferrell), who turns out to be a character in a novel and whose author is in the process of finding a way to kill him, while he at the same time and in the same city is trying to find the author and stop her from finishing the novel.

My favorite part of the movie is when Ferrell's character consults with an eccentric, coffee drinking, literature professor (Dustin Hoffman) to find out if the novel he's living is a comedy or a tragedy. Very clever stuff there!

No comments:

LinkWithin - 4 posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...