Friday, September 28, 2007

fresh views and party time

I've been feeling lately that P.Post needs a redesign. I think P.Post needs a refocus. Isn't it time? In the same way that I freshen up my closet and awaken my life each season. I think my writing needs a face lift. So I'm gonna do it. Just not sure when. Or what. Or how.

Tomorrow night, we're going to Burton's annual fall bash at Jake's house in Stowe. I'm actually quite excited about it. Last year, we had a blast. There was a skateboard ramp all lit up, live music, lots of people and good food. A group of kids was walking around all night trying to draw moustaches on peoples face with permanent marker. Nobody would let them do it, so I did--just to make them happy.


Jake's house is super cool. There's an underground passageway that leads from one end of the house to a barn on the other side. They have skateboards so you can skate from one end to the other. Or you can just walk, but you gotta watch out you don't get run over. That's where you find an underground soccer court and ping pong tables. There are lots of kids at this party.

That night we camped out in my car in a field. The next morning, we woke up to a misty landscape of rolling hills and lots of green. (It's so pretty out there, near the Trapp Family Lodge. You start thinking about the Sound of Music and get all nostalgic.) Hannah and Brian were camping in a car nearby. We knocked on their window and waved goodbye.

On the way home, we stopped at the Cold Hollow Cider mill in Waterbury for hot cider and donuts. This is the best time of year for cider and donuts. And it was the perfect morning. And we weren't the only ones who thought so. As we pulled in, we saw about 5 tourists buses sitting in the parking lot. We went into the shop and it was filled with touristy old people all buying Vermont crafty knick knacks and maple candy. I still had my marker moustache on and some of the ladies looked at me funny. It was only like 8 in the morning. What were they doing there at that hour?!

So, I'm excited to see what this year will bring. We're going to do the camp-out thing again in my car. More to come, I'm sure...

Penelope

No comments:

LinkWithin - 4 posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...