Thursday, July 16, 2009

when it rains, dance

I guess you could say it's been raining a lot here over the past few weeks. I actually love the rain. One of my favorite things is waking up in the morning to the sound of rain falling on the street outside. The best is when a car goes through a puddle splashing the water all around. I love that sound.

Of course, to really enjoy the rain, you must have a stylish umbrella or two. And you must have a good attitude.


Hannah and I went to a parade last weekend in Burlington. It was for the Champlain Quadricentennial celebration. It was a big deal and they had invited a lot of fantastic performers from all over Vermont and Quebec.

It rained on the parade. Lots of performers had to drop out at the last minute, but the ones that did march down the Union Street to Union Station promenade definitely made up for it.

I mean, they were DANCING in the RAIN! They were dancing and singing and banging their drums. It was impossible not to get caught up in the energy. I mean, that's just so fantastic. They were exactly right. Why feel down about something that's totally out of our control? Why not just dance?

Here are some of my favorite pictures from the parade.

Bread & Puppet Billionaire Bail-Out Club:


Hannah learned some African dance moves:


This was one of my favorite performances. The man on stilts looked like an elegant spider wizard dancer.


The Bail-Out Club again:


Crazy bikers from Old Spoke's Home:


My friend Laura and her husband in their vintage Citroën:

No comments:

LinkWithin - 4 posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...