Tuesday, October 02, 2007

time spent...

I've been spending too much time lately doing things other than writing. Like, perfecting my apple crumble recipe, for instance (tonight the almond crumb topping was divine). Or watching a whole season of Sex & the City in one sitting (it's that time of year, the nostalgia's setting in). Oh, and working. Which doesn't involve much writing at all these days, despite my job title.

It comes in waves. But lately, all I feel is regret for the hundreds of creative things I COULD and SHOULD be doing. The things that were always so important. Like writing. And drawing again. And sewing. And reading. And singing. And, and, and...

Am I lazy? Or just focused? To be fair to myself, the crumble IS getting good. And look, now I'm WRITING about my crumble.

Speaking of Sex & the City and food. I found a great quote for Eat Peas. It's from the Real Me episode in season 4. Carrie says:
When I first moved to NY and I was totally broke, sometimes I would buy Vogue instead of dinner. I just felt it fed me more."


Penelope

No comments:

LinkWithin - 4 posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...