Thursday, November 15, 2007

what comes after rain?

It's been raining all day. The cold, thick kind of rain that sticks to your windshield like gooey gelatin. The kind of rain that hangs heavy over the landscape, bringing pink sound-proof skies at night. You look up at those clouds, you close your eyes and feel the wet chill on your nose, hear the quiet dampness, and think, "I know what comes next."

Snow.

Colin's going to hike Stowe on Saturday with some buddies. Meanwhile, I am just so antsy to demo my new snowboard! It will come soon enough. Soon enough.

* * * * *

While we're waiting for our first winter storm of the season (supposedly landing tonight!) back at EatingWell, we're wrapping up our Jan/Feb issue, and in the kitchen they've even started testing recipes for spring! Such is the nature of the beast I suppose.

Today was the last photo shoot for the upcoming issue and I got to pose for a picture that will be featured in a special report on our relationships with food (that is, if the picture turns out okay). That's all I'll say for now, but just think Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and the cake that says, "Eat me!"

No comments:

LinkWithin - 4 posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...