Saturday, May 26, 2007

transition

If you blinked at all today, you may have missed it. The wind shifting ever so slightly. But why would you notice?

Today was my last day at Champlain (I start my new job at EatingWell next week). I finished work early, around 4:30, and walked down to the waterfront by myself. To breathe by myself. I got ice cream. I felt mellow. Mellow, melty ice cream--that's how I felt. It was so hot and humid.

I sat by the water, still as glass. The water, I mean, was still as the quiet eye before the storm. There was wind; it shifted. It paused. What's to come remains obscure. I feel anticipation. Apprehension. Exhilaration. Who knows what's in store?

I could wake up tomorrow and say out loud, "Yes, I have finally arrived. This is my calling." I hope so.

The wind is shifting for me today. I am the lucky one.

2 comments:

Haik Bedrosian said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Haik Bedrosian said...

Congratulations and good luck on your new endeavor!

LinkWithin - 4 posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...