Sunday, July 08, 2007

cardboard critter

Colin's been more of a jetsetter than I these days. This weekend he's in Miami for a wedding. As he was leaving town Friday morning, I pictured myself stag at yet another couples dinner party--we had plans to celebrate Emi's birthday at L'Amante--and decided to throw a mini tantrum.

Level-headed as always, Colin left the room and returned a few minutes later with a cardboard cut-out. "Here," he said. "This is me. Now you don't have to go by yourself." He had made a paper doll of himself--sassy hair-do and all.

"Thanks, Luv," I said. "We'll see how this works."

As it turned out, Cardboard Col--only 5 inches tall--turned out to be the life of the party. Everyone wanted to be his friend. For me, I guess it did the trick, for the night anyhow. But now I can't seem to find the little critter anywhere.

Thank goodness the real Col comes back tomorrow night.

No comments:

LinkWithin - 4 posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...