Saturday, July 21, 2007

filling in for lost memories

Sister Hanushka wrote a fabulous little tale of our red house where we grew up in Pawlet. Being five years her junior, I didn't share a lot of these memories--or wasn't privy to them at the time. But reading them now, I too can exist in that story of once-upon-a-time and happily-ever-after...

I had a dream last night. I was in the house that we grew up in, the red one that burned down in Pawlet. Each room had layers and layers of wallpaper coating the walls, and I was looking for a specific one, cream background with brown illustrations of ladies in hoop dresses. There were so many different patterns, and I was peeling them back to find the one I was looking for. In our bedroom, (all three of us shared one little room) I peeled and peeled until I got to the last layer and it was A.A. Milne style portraits of we three girls. Read more.

No comments:

LinkWithin - 4 posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...